The real secret to outer beauty is inner health. Here are two nutrient-packed recipes we've been trying that will feed your skin on the inside so that it glows on the outside, featuring:
- Blueberries (currently in season!) are rich in antioxidants that are anti-inflammatory and will give your skin a boost in radiance.
The Beauty Chef's GLOW Inner Beauty Powder is a potent mix of certified organic and naturally fermented superfoods that work from inside out.
Get Glowing Smoothie Bowl
- 5g frozen blueberries
- 100g frozen unsweetened açai pulp, coarsely chopped
- 1 very ripe frozen banana, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup (125g) coconut kefir or natural yoghurt
- 2 teaspoons GLOW Inner Beauty Powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons cacao nibs*
- 1 small ripe banana, peeled and sliced
- 6-10 fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons granola
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped pistachios
- 1 tablespoon goji berries
- 1 teaspoon bee pollen (not suitable for those with bee allergies)
- 1 teaspoon hemp seeds (optional)
To make the smoothie, blend the blueberries, açai, banana, kefir or yoghurt and GLOW powder, if using, cinnamon, chia seeds and cacao nibs in a high-speed blender, until smooth and creamy. Pour the smoothie into two wide shallow serving bowls. Decorate with toppings. Eat immediately. Serves 2.
NOTE: The topping ingredients can be substituted according to personal taste or availability.
GLOW, Blueberry and Cinnamon Smoothie
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 banana
- 2 tsps The Beauty Chef GLOW Inner Beauty Powder
- 2 tsps chia seeds (ideally soaked overnight or for at least one hr)
- 2 cups almond milk
Mix all ingredients together well in a blender and serve. Serves 2.