You heard us right! Chocolate and coffee don't normally top the list of ways to get that summer body glow, but it's a different story when you put them on your skin! We wanted to share this easy home recipe from The Beauty Chef combining some of our favourite skin-loving ingredients: cocoa, coffee and coconut oil. According to our favourite skin chef:
• Coffee is renowned for its ability to help stimulate congested areas on the thighs and buttocks
• Cocoa is rich in skin protective anti-oxidants as well as magnesium which is helpful for rejuvenating skin tissue
• Coconut oil will make your skin glow while also giving it a good dose of moisturising fatty acids plus lauric acid which is anti-bactertial and anti-fungal
Chocolate and Coffee Sugar Body Scrub recipe
Make your skin feel and smell like it is on holiday, while this body scrub does all the hard work. Body scrubs are really easy to make, they help smooth the skin and are also a great way to help kickstart the lymphatic system.
- 1 cup of raw sugar
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil (unrefined)
- 2-3 tbsps cocoa (depending on how rich you'd like it)
- 2 tbsps ground coffee
Mix all the ingredients together well and store in an airtight jar. This should last up to a couple of months outside of the fridge. To use, massage approx. 2tbsps of mix onto wet skin on the buttocks and thighs.
Note: The oil will make the shower recess very slippery, so be careful. Please do a patch test on the inside of your arm, before applying to the face to test for an adverse/allergic reaction.
No time to DIY? Try our top-selling organic Cocoa Kona Coffee Body Scrub from 100% Pure, which is loaded with nature's star ingredients like pomegranate, prickly pear, grapeseed oil and calendula.
We'd love to hear how you go with this yummy recipe!
Top image credit: The Beauty Chef